First of all, I found this awesome download of a weekly checklist on Pinterest. I taped a copy to the kids' weekly folders (I haven't perfected the folders. They each just have a file folder filled with things they need to work on that week, and as they finish them I put the finished items back into the folders. At the end of the week I will empty them out and put all the finished papers in the correct place. NOTE TO SELF: Week one just ended! Do that thing you just said you were going to do.)
Second, I cut pages out of a standard lesson plan book (here is a free 2-page download similar to the one I had) and pasted them to a large piece of construction paper. I made two double-sided pages like this, with one on each side so I could plan for one child and while looking at the previous week's plans. I then had both pages laminated. I can write on the pages with wet erase markers and they just wipe off with a damp cloth.
| Sorry. I know this pic is horrible. The light was reflecting off of laminated pages. |
I also found this helpful webpage from Donna Young, which offers downloads of lesson planning pages to use with more than one child. I really like the 5X7 2-child planning pages which offer separate sections for each child and then a section for the subjects the children do together. I haven't used this yet, but it looks like it would be helpful if I need a planner page for just me.
No comments:
Post a Comment